Monday, August 10, 2009

Polos For Piercings



I don’t know much about the regular sized Five Points, but Little Five Points (Atlanta) has a serious problem. Filled with great restaurants, decent shopping, and some nearby chain-
essentials (Best Buy, Borders, Target), Little Five Points is also plagued with a serious problem: weirdos.

Normally I would just forget about a place that has large groups of pierced and painted Goths, or white people with no shirt on and dred locks, or people riding their bike with two different shoes on and an oxygen tank as a backpack . BUT Savage Pizza has good pizza (Atlanta good, not New York good), and Front Page News has good dessert – and enough tv’s for every eyeball in the place to be watching a different game. I also hear The Vortex is pretty good, though I admit I haven’t had the guts to go in there because the entrance seems to encourage the hooligans, and they generally congregate there - after all, the tetanus shot is not 100% effective. We all say that we’re not cool enough to go to Little Five alone, but we all know the real reason regular people go there in groups is because they’re afraid to be licked or get their palm read by a man with no hands.

The Caucasian prep student in me feels very strongly about this issue.  And the Evangelist knows just what to do about it. So without further ado, I present to you a new ministry targeted at the freaks of Little Five Points. You give us your piercings, we'll give you a polo. 

We come in peace. We’re here to help. Please don’t touch me. 




1 comment:

Everett Bracken said...

Austin, that is really funny! check out my blog sometime at www.everettbracken.com