Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Can I keep him?


The more I think about it, the more I think a "river otter" would be an ideal pet for me- or for anyone who loves both dogs and fish, and is conflicted by the two very different habitats. I envision hours of watching my sea otter swim and play in the tank. I'd sprinkle some fish on the top of the water and watch him come to the surface and eat it, then I would use a hand signal to tell my otter it was time to come out, and it would jump into my arms. I'd towel it off, and we'd go take a nap on the couch together after a quick game of fetch.


Amazing Otter Video



It's just kind of a pain that Animal Planet has to spread so much negativity about such a beautiful creature. Any animal can be domesticated. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Animal Planet and their "can't do" attitude





3 comments:

Katie said...

dude - it's a rodent :)

Katie said...

since you are so into rodents and videos of rodents -

check this one out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

that is really cute - for oversized chipmunks.

Austin said...

Thank you for that Katie...it made my day.